Saturday, January 30, 2010

Brian's Public Enemies Review


Brian's first movie review came out today compliments of our friend Gina Z. or more commonly known as "Bean".


And now, Going to the Show with the Regular Bean:

In the role of a lifetime as prisoner extra #6969 in the movie Public Enemies, seminal actor Brian Stage shows us that no role is too small to showcase his oeuvre of seismic proportions. Small in stature and Big on talent, Brian literally has you believing he truly is a felon or other person of dubious interest. As we pan across the sewing room in one of the film's beginning scenes, we see Mr. Stage sitting in his chair fidgeting, thus gazing about...I truly did believe he was a real crook looking for his spool of thread to start his day. Even though, in several marching scenes we may not actually see his movie star visage; we do, however sense his brooding prisoner presence. If you're like me, and I know you are :-) then you will not want to miss this remarkable performance of a lifetime, and take pride in saying I knew him when he was just a fraternity pledge trying to get some sigs and drinking too much beer. Bless his heart that he found a good, beautiful woman to guide him and keep him humble on his path to Hollywood stardom.

Review #2 by Linda:

"Love it Bean!! I waited in anxious anticipation for my glimpse of our movie star....looking right past Mr. Depp, and quickly hit rewind several times to catch every nuance of his performance. I don't think prisoner #6969 could have been played more true to character than by Mr. Stage....I dare say that the excitement I felt in saying, "I knew him when", was uncontainable!! I can't wait for his next film, where we will undoubtedly hear his first onscreen spoken words. Great Job Mr Stage....you're on your way!!"
Brian's response to Bean's review:

Yes, Bean, my oeuvre is truly off the Richter scale......and I am genuinely flattered by your incredibly hilarious review with a thesaurus full of rich vocabulary (even a brooding prisoner such as myself can appreciate good language!). Even though it was no secret that your review had been conjured up in your psychic mind before even seeing my turn at stardom (as if you were channeling your inner Dillinger), I see that your eye for detail was in full focus, even to the point of noticing my fidgeting (I think that's the whole reason I was saved from the cutting room floor....my fidgeting talent!).Yes, I have come a long way from my Purdue days.....although I think my dabbling in lawlessness and run-ins with the excise police paved the way to my current pinnacle of success!