Monday, December 08, 2008

Happy 9th Anniversary


Dear Brian,

Happy belated 9th anniversary. I know that I promised you that slide show back in October... but the scanner wasn't working and it took a little longer to get together than I thought. Sorry!

Can you believe it's been 9 years already? Nine looooooong painful years! Just kidding. Actually, it seems like the years have flown by, especially now that we have the kids. But, when you think back to all we have been through, witnessed and accomplished in the last 9 years, it seems like a lifetime. Here are a few memories:



Our honeymoon. Three weeks of vacation with you after a seven year LONG distance courtship was way overdue!

Buying our condo in Crown Point. That place was soooo cool. Did you realize that the bathroom at the condo was larger than Claudia's bedroom? That huge tub...the tall windows and the view of the courthouse.... 14 foot ceilings... no maintenance!

My Grandma

You running the Chicago Marathon

My dad

Nana

Buying our house in Valparaiso. What were we thinking?!! Six years later and I'm still finding plaster dust! And.... the awful floor coverings on the 2nd floor! Removing all those carpet squares in a hallway and discovering the four letter words carved in the doors? The previous owners were nuts!

Finding out we were pregnant with William. I think I took 8 pregnancy tests!

The birth of William. I'm still angry that you slept in the waiting room while I was laboring!

Getting pregnant 5 months later with Claudia. What a blessing!

The trips to Hawaii. I still can't believe how well William did on the flight! Remember William's first sentence at the beach? "Bye, bye Sun".

Claudia's birth. Thanks for not sleeping this time :)

Watching the helicopter leave St. Anthony's with Claudia aboard. It still brings tears to my eyes every time I picture her in the incubator being wheeled off by the U of C flight crew.

Our trips to Detroit to visit Eric and Christie.

William's seizure. The never ending ambulance ride. Watching a room full of medical personnel trying to stop his convulsions. The days spent in the hospital listening to him cry. Coming home and watching William desperately struggle to walk and hold his sippy cup.

The trips to Walt Disney World with the Benton's to cheer for Jordan's cheerleading squad.

Building the swing set with our awesome neighbors and Papa!
Not that Jeff and I were much help....


I could continue on... but I'll stop here.

Here's your slide show!


Happy Anniversary!

Sue XO


Click to play Happy Anniversary Brian




14 comments:

Christie Stage said...

Ahh! What a good wife you are Sue! You had to go and make me look bad now and make Eric want that too. LOL Kidding. You two have such a beautiful, happy, loving family. We love you all! Christie, Eric , Sarah and Lcy too!

On Stage said...

We love you too!

Thanks for the compliment. Once in a while I try to do something nice for Brian... I had to show the slide to him because he never reads the blog!

I hope things are going smoothly with the move. I checked airfare to see if I could sneak down there to ofer some help, but it was pretty high... sorry!

Keep us posted... bet you're counting the days until Eric comes home (all tan loaded with gifts for you).

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOhhhh my gosh, Susan, you are too good! What a sweet, sweet family you all have together! I'm officially a blubbbering mess...gotta pull it together b-4 preschool pick up! Chris is already getting frustrated w/ me wearing John's big sweatshirts all the time...he'd flip if I came in w/mascara drippin' down! :)HOlly:)

On Stage said...

Sorry Schwuchow... didn't mean to make you blubber! I'll stay away from the sappy stuff and try for humor. Maybe a big laugh will make your water burst!

mommy to an angel said...

Now if that isn't deserving of a utility sink I don't know what is! You're so sweet :-)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Congrats! What a sweet blog. I think I might come back for another visit!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

On Stage said...

I AM sweet!

Now about that utility sink... it will never happen. For six years I have been asking for that sink! Six stinkin' years. The sad part is that I've not purchased and installed it myself! I can sweat water copper pipes just as well as anyone else!

On Stage said...

And to you Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy...

Thank you for taking the time to visit. It's so much fun to have new readers! Hope you visit again.

Happy Holidays :)

Anonymous said...

From "Papa" Stage..........

What a wonderful tribute to your marriage! We are proud to have you as a daughter-in-law!

You need a utility sink? Why didn't you say so? "Terry the Toolman" can take care of that for you!!!

On Stage said...

Thanks Papa!

Now remember...you just put that sink promise in writing(kind of)!

Brian has been working out the instaltion of the sink "in his head" for a loooong time. I was getting reading to call my favorite plumber. I don't think it actually involves sweating pipes, but if it does, I'm ready!

On Stage said...

Another typo....

"INSTALLATION" stressing the "stall" in word installation.

Anonymous said...

Sue, I love all your writing and photos. You're good enough to do professional writing! And I'm sure Brian appreciated the anniversary memories. Thanks for all of your time put into the blog. I really enjoy it! Mimi

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I just saw the slide show and am really impressed!!! And of course as a mimi, tears are rolling down my cheeks seeing all the beautiful smiling faces of my family. I love you all so much! Thank you for all the love you give back. "Mimi"

On Stage said...

Thank You for the compliments Mimi.

I always enjoyed writing just never had time to do much... except for my classroom newsletters which rocked!

Maybe one day I'll be as fortunate as Monica and publish The Stage Family Adventures!

Instead of a real publisher, it will probably consists of me heading to Kinkos to make a few copies and have them bound...