Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy 31st Birthday Uncle Eric


Detroit 2004


Sarah's 1st Birthday party March 2005


The COLDEST day of 2008



Ode to Eric

Your life is great
You've truly been blessed
You turned out alright
Who would've guessed?!?

A wonderful wife
Two beautiful kids
(But a brother you couldn't auction
For the lowest bid!)

Fast forward to '08
A crazy year
Life at 30....
Need a beer?!?

Your home was foreclosed

Your landlord's an ass
He wanted his deposit
He ain't gettin the cash

You were off in Costa Rica
Panama too
Tropical skies
And seas of blue

Sailing around
Rattling swords
In hopes of catching
Some nasty drug lords

While Christie was home
With Sarah and Lu
The property manager
Threatening to sue

Then Eric returned
To save the day
(Credit goes to Christie
But this is Eric's birthday)

We're happy you're family
We love you so much
So Happy 31st Birthday
You big Buttmunch!



With Love,

Sue, Brian, William, and Claudia


Have a great day!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!!!!!!!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, Papa says it's outrageous and we love it!!! Not sure who wrote this, but you two are too cool! I'm sure you made Eric's day.

Anonymous said...

Monica says, "Hey, I thought I was the writer in the family!" Okay, I'm not a poet, so you can have that one! Nana must be so proud! Too funny - I think I like the name buttmunch - it's a keeper!

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless. This can go on my grave stone! Really, I'm very touched by the time and effort -that is love!
As I drank my evening tea tonight, I thought how lucky Christie and I were. But then I paused... it was never luck, it was GREAT family morals and support from all of you! Sometimes you might not hear from me for some time. However, that does not mean you are absent in my heart, my actions or my inner strength to do the right thing. Your love & wisdom is always with me.

Thank you all for believeing in me! (...Even when I was a homeless trap in the Arizona desert-N.Y.-LA-Utah-living for a few days in that damn Truck Stop in central Missouri-working for food in San Francisco-living in 'shelters' experiment in San Diego-dock work in the Adirondacks-and my faith in finding my true Love!

Thank you all so much!

-your favorite "Buttmunch" :o)
Little bro -Eric

On Stage said...

Okay you Buttmunch....

We didn't know about all your shelter time, your truck stop adventures, and your other crazy searches for enlightenment!!! When you get back home, we have to SERIOUSLY talk!!!!!!

mommy to an angel said...

That's an awesome poem! Who wrote that?

On Stage said...

Brian wrote the poem. I just added "Buttmunch"!

Terry and Joyce said...

That stuff Eric wrote about his "vagabond" days surprises me NOT AT ALL. I'm just happy he lived through it!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the poem. Great job brian and Sue. Believe it or not, buttmunch has been a favorite word of mine for years. Great minds think alike Sue!!!! I always liked you! Happy Birthday Eric. I may not see you much either but you are always there in a spot in my heart. You are a wonderful nephew, son, brother and father and you have a terrific family. Take care sweetie. Hope to see you sometime soon. --Aunt Sandi

On Stage said...

Hey Eric, If were you, I'd leave my nickname as "Sarge". "Buttmunch", as fitting as it is, may get you beat up by your coworkers.... and I don't want to be responsible!