Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas and Preschool

When I was teaching, the students and I always made holiday gifts for their parents. The kids always took so much pride in their special gifts... making them, wrapping them and creating special cards. I always enjoyed this time of year in the classroom.

Even after many years of creating gifts for parents, it still surprised me to see my own child bring home a decorated paper bag with a gift from preschool. William was so eager to give his gift to Mommy and Daddy that he smiled all afternoon waiting for Daddy to come home to share his gift with both of us.



This is what we received-- a paper bag decorated like a reindeer with a poem and a gift.





Here is a gift that's just for you,


It didn't cost a penny.


I checked my pockets for some coins,


But I couldn't find any.


So then I worked to make a gift,


It wasn't hard to do.


I made it with my own two hands,


With love from me to you!



Our handmade gift

William also had a Christmas program at preschool. He was really looking forward to being on stage and preforming. We had a little preview of his program at home as he practiced his songs. He did a great job during the performance, sang and used hand gestures to go along with the songs. He even got to wear antlers for a special part he had as a reindeer!


Look at me!

William's preschool Christmas program


2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

What an adorable ornament! Don't ya just love those homemade gifts?!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

On Stage said...

YES I DO!!! Gifts don't get any better than this!