Friday, April 11, 2014

Mornings

Both of my kids have inherited Brian's "I have no sense of time" gene and it's making me crazy! Trying to get them fed, dressed and to school on time, is hell. William talks a mile a minute and "forgets" to eat then cries because he's "starving" Today he serenaded us with, "butt, butt, butt, butt, butt, butt" sung to the tune of jingle bells. He continued to sing while spinning in circles completely unaware of the importance of putting clothes on for school, couldn't find his shoes and probably never brushed his teeth. I threatened to take him to school in his pjs...he thought that was cool. Claudia instigates and makes things even worse. I finally had it and yelled that I would be waiting in the car. Five minutes pass. No kids. I walk back to the house to find them searching for me. They forgot to look in the car! How I managed 40 fifth graders during my teaching days, but can't manage 2 of my own is a complete mystery to me. Plus this morning's chaos was witnessed by Collin, the bathroom renovation man. Love having an audience when I'm close to a breakdown.

No comments: