Monday, May 11, 2009

Kathy's Spinach Salad


My friend, Kathy, makes this delicious spinach salad. It's so yummy that I have asked her for the recipe numerous times. I always write down the recipe and then immediately lose it. So, this last time when I called to get the recipe, I stuck it to my bulletin board (If I stick it in a cookbook, it will get lost.... always happens!). I have made this for several get-togethers and it's a guaranteed hit!

Salad
Spinach (I use baby spinach)
Red onion - sliced or diced
Bacon - cooked and crumbled
Fresh sliced mushrooms
Sliced hard boiled eggs


Dressing
2/3 cup oil
1/3 cup vinegar (cider or white)
1 medium onion (coarsely chopped)
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 cup sugar or sweetener of choice... honey

Put dressing ingredients in blender.
Blend until smooth.

Toss desired amount of dressing with salad.

No comments: