Thursday, April 29, 2010

Our Last 2 Weeks....


This spring, Claudia has developed a bad case of seasonal (we hope) allergies and asthma. She's been on an inhaler, one antibiotic and one steroid and now another inhaler. The week after she finished the antibiotic, she was still coughing so I called the doctor's office again and was told to take her in for a chest x-ray. She had bronchitis. Poor kid. Now she is back on the second inhaler, not coughing, but her nose if running like a leaky faucet.

William's been healthy. Yay! He is learning to ride a 2 wheeler. He's doing pretty good with cruising, but turns are an issue. The neighbor's hostas have taken a beating.

William (and parents) had Kindergarten Round Up last week. We went to his school, listened to the principal, teacher, nurse and PTO president speak about the school and then filled out 10,000 forms. William got to visit his classroom (there's only one kindergarten) and tour the school. He was really excited, especially when he found out that his friends, Zeke and Thomas will be in his class next fall.

We've been going on preschool field trips the last 2 weeks. William went to the nursery and planted a firecracker sunflower. This week he went to the bus barn and rode the big yellow school bus. This was lots of fun for him. Too bad he's going to be a walker for the next 9 years!

Today Claudia's class went to the library. She had a great time until she found out that she was not permitted to check out books during the field trip because "not all her classmates had Valpo library cards and therefore could not check out books". She thought the rule was wrong and protested with a growl. As if we aren't at the library regularly anyway.....

Both kids are still taking swim lessons twice a week. Both of them (especially Claud) have developed a mean backstroke. They can swim the length of the pool in record time (both follow in their cousin, Jordan's, footsteps). They are still working on the front crawl and sidestroke. Both love their swim lessons. Me too. After class, I shower them and then drop them off at the childcare room so that I can work out by MYSELF. I found the afternoon is the best time to hit the gym because there are only a few people there and I don't have to worry about running into anyone except for the young muscular guys who regularly hit the weight room.... makes the hour pass just a little bit faster.

Last week I had a locksmith here to replace a few locks. We needed a new cylinder on our back door and 2 new deadbolts on the 2 front doors. The guy showed up and started working. I noticed his fly was down and wasn't sure if I should say anything. I didn't, but was kind of creeped out. He must of noticed himself because he eventually locked up his own goods. What a relief! Anyhow... now I am the proud owner of 3 new locks and 6 new keys... one of which immediately went to my neighbor, Jeff, for safekeeping. If it wasn't for Jeff and my extra house key, I would spend a lot of time sitting on the back deck waiting for Brian to get home.

Next week Brian will be flying (via corporate jet) somewhere on the east coast (can't remember)for a meeting, staying at a lovely hotel, sleeping all night and eating yummy food with ADULTS. Hmmmm..... no jealousy coming from me.

The week after that, he will be traveling to Bloomington, IN for his final week of leadership development classes that he has been taking since January. Unfortunately, this is also the last week of preschool which means he will be missing Claudia's special play day and William's graduation. The kids are going to be crushed.

Lastly, Claudia informed me today that she wants to plant a guacamole tree in the yard. Sounds like a good idea to me.... as long as she also plants a chip tree and a margarita tree next to her guacamole tree. That would make for a tasty, carefree summer.

And then there's my joke of the day.... I was discussing laundry with Claudia's preschool teacher, telling her how much I hate carrying laundry up 2 flights of stairs. She said I needed a dumbwaiter. I told her I already had one and pointed to Brian. Ha! I crack myself up!!!

Oh, one more thing. I received my EOB from my insurance company. So far I owe the Mayo Clinic $2800.... and all they gave me was a pair of ugly hospital socks!

No comments: