Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh Buckets!



Do you have those days where you can't get out of the house and you feel it may be indication as to what the rest of the day will bring?

Today was one of my days.

First, William refused to put on his socks and shoes without motherly intervention.

Claudia would only wear one shoe but couldn't decide which foot to put it on. She then put it on the wrong foot and had to start the whole process over again.....

The dog refused to come in the house from the yard without me tempting her with a handful of treats. Once I gave her the treats, she tried making her way back to the yard with assistance from the younger child.

The cat repeatedly tried running out of the backdoor to explore the outdoor world. I caught her and put her back in the house. Reminded her she is an inside cat. The cat didn't give a crap and ran to the backdoor searching for the "escape hatch"(aka the younger child).

Claudia then insisted on finding her princess magnets to bring with in the car. The magnets must of hidden themselves because they were nowhere to be found. Claudia threw a tantrum until she realized she was holding the magnets. DUH....

I reminded William to grab his bucket from the foyer to bring to school (the school uses buckets instead of back packs). William couldn't seem to locate the foyer or his bucket. He complained that he was too tired to go to preschool and continued to orbit around the kitchen table.

At this point, I'm mentally changing the first consonant in bucket to a "F".......

We eventually made it out the door and to the car, when I realize that I didn't have my sunglasses. I went back to the house to find my sunglasses. They were missing. Probably in Claudia's hands.... Grabbed an old pair and went back to the car. Couldn't find keys. I left them in the door when I went back to the house. I ran back to the house, grabbed the keys and ran for the car.

The kids wouldn't climb into car seats. Claudia dropped her magnets on car floor. I tossed Claud into car seat as she screamed. Then I strapped William in his seat. I tried to back out of driveway, but the neighbor's dog wass in way- damn Yorkie (Cujo)! I finally left the house and made it to preschool.

We got William into his class and Claud and I walked back to car. She started screaming because she lost her magnets. "OH BUCKET!", I felt the need to yell. We retraced our steps back through the parking lot, up the steps, down the hallway, back into the classroom. No magnets! I dragged Cluadia back to car and found the magnets on the ground right next to the car! "Oh yeah, there they are", she says as if she knew they were there all along.

We left preschool, went to Walgreen's where they couldn't find my photo order. Then went to the post office where we quickly (seriously) mailed a box. Lastly, we arrived back home in time to resubmit my photo order before picking up William.


What an afternoon!!!!!

2 comments:

mommy to an angel said...

I hate those bucket days! It's days like that that make me just want to say, "oh bucket, I'm going back to bed."

Hope it gets better this week :-)

On Stage said...

This week is just peachy.
I thrive on bucket days. My middle name is "stress".

Still think Sid sucks! I think we should start a "I Hate Sid" campaign!