Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Baby

January 29, 2009 (7 weeks)



Tuesday morning we found out that our baby no longer had a heartbeat, had grown wings and left us to be with God. We are filled with grief, but grateful that our baby is in God's hands and surrounded with love.


A heartfelt thanks to all of our family and friends who have consoled us, prayed for us, supported us, and extended their love to us. We thank God for all of you and you are in our prayers daily.


To our Baby,

Even though you were with us for a very short time, we love you more than you can imagine. We know that you are now with Grandpa, all your great grandparents, your cousin, Miranda and all the other babies of our family members and friends that have also gone to heaven. They will love you and take care of you until Mommy and Daddy are with you again.


We would like to share the following prayer that mirrors our thoughts right now....



Dear God,

Please hold my unborn child in your ever-loving embrace.

Please let my child know that my love can't be erased.

Please bless me on this earth and help to ease the pain.

Please plant a seed within my baby's heart of sunshine, not of rain.

Please help the days get easier and the nights go quickly by.

Please hold my hand when I can't do anything- but cry.

Please increase my faith so I believe my baby is with You.

Please forgive me when my sadness makes me come completely unglued.

Please let my baby know that there will always be a place-

Within my heart, just for my baby, full of Divine Grace.

And, when You call me Home to Your Kingdom up above-

Please let me hold the baby- I never held... but, always loved.

Amen.

Ellen DuBois
Positive Pregnancy Tests January 2, 2009


5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I am so sorry about your lose. I will be praying for you and your family. I know this is a very difficult time. That prayer was simply beautiful and heartfelt.

Praying,
Mrs. Nurse Boy

mommy to an angel said...

My heartfelt sypathy goes out to you, Brian, William, Claudia, and your families as you grieve the loss of your baby. I'm sooo sorry.
You will all be in our thoughts and prayers.

On Stage said...

Thanks for the prayers. We really need them!

Shawnie, thank you for letting me vent over the phone. You made me feel much better.

When I originally wrote this post, I left out the lost babies of our family and friends. I'm sorry. I just wasn't thinking....

I find comfort in knowing that our little baby is with it's angel cousins as well as the angel babies of our friends.

mommy to an angel said...

No problem - that's what friends are for. You guys were all there for me thoughtout my many loses.
How have you been - haven't heard from you in several days.
Just wanted you to know you are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Are you OK? Sending prayers and hugs your way...

Mrs. Nurse Boy