Sunday, February 01, 2009

Random Things About Sue Part 2

1. Much to my husband's dismay, I like to use "butt" words. My favorites are "Buttmunch" and "Buttflake". Yes, I do think it's important that my children have a colorful vocabulary.


2. I hate talking on the telephone. Only use it when it's a life threatening situation.


3. I love to mow the lawn. The mower and weed whacker are my friends.


4. When I grow up, or my kids grow up, I am going to be an elementary school librarian.


5. I prefer Hershey to Godiva.


6. My neighbors are perfect. Jeff suggested this....


7. I hate swimming with fish. They smile at me and I find that very scary.


8. It's not my job to replace the empty roll of toilet paper.


9. One of my favorite books is "The Ride of Our Lives" by Mike Leonard. Mike lives in Winnetka, IL. Close enough to stalk.....or at least get an autograph.

10. I've had several encounters with bats in my house. One had the wing span of a pterodactyl!!

11. Aerosol air freshers make me want to vomit. So do public bathrooms and most perfumes.

12. I can only sleep with my feet dangling off the bed.

13. I'd prefer to live by the ocean (any ocean) than by cornfields.

14. My family has a tradition to sing "Happy Birthday" using our worst singing voices.

15. I like vacationing in Hanalei, Kauai (Hint, Hint, Brian).....sun, sand and surf.

16. I have been painting my toenails the same color for the last 10 years.

17. I once had a family of baby screech owls living in my backyard. Brian and I would follow them as they flew around the neighborhood. We must have looked liked wackos running down the sidewalk looking up towards the trees!

18. I hate milk.

19. I have never received a speeding ticket.

20. When pregnant with Claudia, I was dilated to 6 cm (never felt a contraction) for weeks before I was induced. My "real" labor only lasted 1 1/2 hours. A dozen or so contractions, 2 pushes!

21. I broke my leg in 8th grade jumping hurdles. The gym teacher had the hurdles set up backwards!

22. I am a firm believer that sauerkraut and mashed potatoes were meant to go together.

23. I don't have a favorite color.

24. I hate the smell of wet dog.

25. My favorite Dairy Queen Blizzard is CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY!!!

7 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

This list is even better! :0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

On Stage said...

Thanks! I haven't felt like blogging lately.... this was an easy one for me!

mommy to an angel said...

LMAO!
We're a lot a like, you know! must be why we get along so well.

On Stage said...

My favorite author sent me an e-mail after mentioning his book in the blog. Here it is!!!!!

Hi there. Is it Sue? This is Mike Leonard. My kids put a program on my computer that alerts me to blogs that mention The Ride of Our Lives and up came your very nice and very funny words. It was so cool to read that we both share so many of the same fears and hates. I fear fish in the water and hate talking on the phone. There were many other similarities. If you and your husband/family are ever in the vicinity of Winnetka, Illinois please stop by. I mean it.
Hope all is well with you. My mom and dad are still hanging in there and still being funny. They moved back here and live in Glenview, Il.
Thank you for the nice words about the book, my first venture into
that arena.

Mike L

Still Sane said...

That's really cool!

On Stage said...

Yeah, I'm feeling really cool too!

How nice that he took the time to send a note! You have to read his book! Brian and I were in pain from laughing. The kids looked at us like we head two heads!

Terry and Joyce said...

Well, this explains a lot!