Sunday, March 08, 2009

25 Random Things About Brian

Brian's with his "Public Enemies" Convict Scruff



25. I once edged the whole yard using a hand shovel.

24. My wife says I should have pursued my master's degree in common sense (which means I need some, not that I have enough to warrant a higher degree).

23. I lock myself out of houses and cars regularly.

22. I took a college course in Costa Rica. The squirrel monkeys liked to sit on my shoulder in the open roof bathroom and groom me......when they weren't throwing mangoes at me.

21. I spent two winters in Antarctica doing research on lake geochemistry...yes, there are lakes in Antarctica.

20. I broke my nose in college (1989) and didn't have it "repaired" until 2000.

19. I like to talk ..... a lot. Sue says I have the ability to converse with a street sign.

18. I ran the Chicago Marathon in 2001 and am still in pain.

17. As previously mentioned, I have dressed as a woman for parties. It was required!



16. I like to camp (unlike Sue, who believes that camping together will lead to a divorce).

15. I made dinner once for my wife.... pork tenderloin with a cherry reduction.

14. My middle name is Richard. Sue thinks it gives her the right to call me "Dick".

13. I was asked by my beautiful wife to co-author this blog. I have yet to do so (I'm only writing this post under duress).

12. I am artistically talented.

11. I am not impulsive...everything must have a plan.

10. I once ate cheeseburgers for 10 days in a row while on vacation when I was a teenager.

9. A coworker once programmed his cell phone voice dial to call me when he used the word "nematode".

8. My brain has a built-in GPS and I never get lost (Sue will probably argue this one).

7. I once ran a mile in 4:42.

6. My driver's license used to state that I had hazel eyes. My eyes are actually blue......hazel just sounded kind of cool.

5. Speaking of driver's licenses, I received mine on New Year's Eve, 1986. And promptly had my first "scrape" (it was NOT an accident!) that night....when it's car vs. concrete gas pump island, the car usually loses.

4. I've been attempting to finish the same novel for five years....in fact, I don't even know where the book is now.

3. I am a prison convict in the new Johnny Depp movie "Public Enemies", due out on July 1st. In my scenes I am right next to Stephen Dorff (Sue thinks he's tasty.......check it out for yourself).


2. I have also traveled to Europe (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) and China, Hong Kong, and New Zealand.

1. I am fluent in "toddler". "Dot un doe" (translated: vacuum) and mutz (translated: milk) are some of da fings that I wuv.




1 comment:

Amy Flippin Blankenship said...

This was THE BOMB!!!! I literally LOL at #5!!! Thanks for the insight to Brian. :) That was fun. Hmmm, wonder if I can get Joe to contribute to my blog?? It's worth a shot