Monday, March 30, 2009

Chocolate Chip Orange Scones

This is one of my all time favorite recipies!


Preheat oven to 425


2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
(I use mini chips)
3-4 teaspoons orange zest


Whisk dry ingredients together
Add cream
Mix with wooden spoon or spatula
Here's the easiest part....use an ice cream scooper and scoop dough onto a baking sheet
Brush tops with cream and sprinkle with sugar (if desired)
Bake 12-14 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Cool on rack or serve warm

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Oh, YUM! These sound WONDERFUL! I am certain they are healthy, right? RIGHT???

Well, maybe if I pair them with a glass of milk and some fruit...

I will have to give these a try and get back to you!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

On Stage said...

Very healthy!!!
I used to use butter instead of cream... had to cut in the butter, then knead and cut the scones. Then I found the cream recipe and loved it. An owner of a B&B told me to use an ice cream scooper for the scones because it saved a lot of time and made for an easier clean up. Hope you like them!

On Stage said...

Mrs. Nurse Boy,

One more thing... you could use one of those tiny ice cream scoopers and make mini scones. Although, I promise you will eat more than one!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I can't wait to try them!

Mrs. Nurse Boy