Monday, October 20, 2008

Recycling Day

Today is Thursday. Recycling day. When you have two youngsters, days of the week are labeled with significant happenings.

Monday = garbage day
Tuesday = library day
Wednesday = is the weekend here yet day
Thursday = recycling day
Friday = the day before Daddy stays home day
Saturday = Daddy's not working day
Sunday = Church day (monthly, if we're lucky...again, the two youngsters....)

Recycling day. I used to fear this day. Let me tell you why. We used to have two open top recycling bins that Brian would put on the curb Wednesday night. OPEN-TOP. Do you know what this means? It means that my neighbors know what is going on in my house.

Since we live downtown, everybody walks. Plus we're on a corner lot which means even more foot traffic This means my neighbors, at a glance, know what I buy. They know that I sometimes use canned vegetables, they know that our meals are not always made from scratch (aka Kraft Mac and Cheese). I'm sure you get my point.

Well...Valpo got themselves some grant money to buy big ass recycling containers with LIDS! Awesome. However, the number of containers was limited. We didn't get one with our first request. We had to wait several months before ours was delivered. It was totally worth the wait.

Now, I don't mind that Brian (Fanatic Environmental Man) picks my errors (down to the point of Truvia wrappers) out of the trash can and puts them into the recycling bin.

Thank you Valpo!!!

No comments: