Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mamma Mia

Last night was ladies night out! No husbands! No kids! Holly G. and Robin and I met for drinks and dinner and then went to see Mamma Mia! This was the first time we extended our night out to dinner AND a movie.

I have a long history with ABBA. It goes back to my childhood. I used to get together with the McDonagh girls (our neighbors) to dress up, play ABBA music and sing our hearts out. Also, my mom also had quite a collection of their music on 8-track tapes so she frequently played the music in the house and car ( along with Neil Diamond and Englebert Humperdinck). Ever since then, I have loved their music. That is something a young person would never admit- especially as a teenager.

Jump ahead many years--Brian and I saw the live musicals of Mamma Mia in Chicago and Vegas. They were great. We left the theater with smiles, singing many of the songs for the next few days. Well actually it was probably just me singing but it wouldn't have surprised me if Brian spontaneously belted out a verse of "Dancing Queen".

Tonight is the Deep River water park outing for NIPSCO (Brian's employer). We'll be going along with ALL the cousins and Mimi and Papa. I'm looking forward to seeing if Claudia and William will go down the slides this year! We haven't gone to the park for two years. The last time we were there, the kids were too small for the slides. Hopefully this year will be different. This will be our preview night for our trip to the Dells. We'll be staying at Glacier Canyon in the Dells- a massive waterpark. So I hope the kids have fun tonight.

No comments: